We all know that food plays an important role in French culture, and eating is a large part of French culture. So, when you are in France, visiting a bakery to choose delicious pastries or strolling through the outdoor markets would be on your must-do list. Apart from that, you can also visit the grocery stores to get more information about the local food habits, which are laid bare.
According to the general rule, French people shop more frequently the food supplies than people of other countries. This happens because of many things like smaller fridges, fresh products, the requirement of picking up the daily baguette, and the social aspects. Besides, the busy life also takes over. This is why people are often seen picking up several items for the next few meals, to carts filled for feeding their family members for the week.
Considering the demand, you will find many French grocery stores in Singapore of different sizes. For instance, there are mini supermarkets, perfect for choosing emergency items or quick lunch items. Besides, there are mega-sized stores known as hypermarches that offer everything starting from stereo equipment to food items. The biggest surprise you can get when shoppingfrom a French grocery store is the variety of French products and other produces a huge aisle size of some categories and the availability of portions.
So, if you are planning to shop from a French grocery store in Singapore, here are the following things you must count on.
1. The French people shop intentionally and regularly: The French grocery stores are packed with numerous options. But you can snap yourself out of this spell by
concentrating on several meals at a time. By purchasing what you need, you can save money. Besides, here you will be focusing on your meals instead of having the reserves of some gimmicky snacks.
2. French people often select quality over quantity if their budget permits: Consider how much grocery of yours ends up in the trash after spoiling in the back of your fridge. So, when you shop for every meal, you have fewer options. Therefore, you are forced to be creative with cooking and eating. When you become hungry, you will not be hounded with options. At the end of the day, the money you saved can be used to purchase some luxurious items like exotic cheese, dried porcini mushrooms Singapore, a good bottle of wine, or high-end chocolates.
3. French people know that fresh items are the best: French people love local, fresh, and unprocessed food items. And therefore, French people prefer visiting specialty shops and farmer markets apart from the local grocery stores, where food is regularly prepared. Even if can’t access all these options, you can be intentional about the foods you purchase and when. Here you have to ask the local grocery store for the shipment- receiving schedule, to learn which produce is in season, and when to bake the freshest bread and brought out.
4. French grocery shipping promotes a healthier lifestyle: Grocery store is a nostalgic place. Therefore, for French people, shopping and eating involve a daily ritual, which includes eating smaller portions of beloved food items like honey-baked ham Singapore, walking, and savoring the meals slowly to nourish their bodies properly. These practices are very conducive to proper nutrition and healthy weight maintenance.
5. French women think creativity is not just for artists: For French people, meals are the two- to a three-hour ritual where every morsel is prepared to enjoy. French people prefer eating small portions of food. And they believe in preparing and sharing food items.