MOREL MUST BE COOKED – DO NOT EAT MOREL NOT COOKED
Never eat raw or undercooked morels, and avoid eating them when consuming alcohol, as morels contain small amounts of hydrazine toxins. These are destroyed when cooked, but can still cause issues in people with a sensitivity to mushrooms.
Morel mushrooms, or just morels, are a type of wild mushroom with an earthy, nutty flavor. They have a meaty texture, unlike the more slimy texture of other mushroom varieties. These mushrooms are a highly desired ingredient among chefs and mushroom enthusiasts.
Morels vary greatly in size and appearance. Their shape can range from oblong to bulbous, and their color from blonde to gray.