Lemon Butter Garlic Scallops Recipe
Love scallops? The French Grocer sources the best scallops from around the world thanks to its trusted partners such as Ocean Gems. There are many varieties of scallops but those from Hokkaido stand out the most. This is because our partner’s stringent selection ensures that only high-quality scallops are chosen to be cleaned, processed and packed within hours of harvesting. This preserves their natural freshness, taste and texture to the maximum.
Furthermore, the whole shells are processed with no chemical or preservative, giving these scallops a plump and succulent sweetness.
They are also an excellent source of vitamin B12 and Omega 3 fatty acids. And did you know, these scallops are snap frozen making them sashimi grade!
And now for the best part, our simple recipe for lemon butter garlic scallops.
- Our scallops are frozen so thaw them in cold water first and pat them dry with paper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat and slowly add the scallops so that they don’t stick to each
- Now season with a little salt and pepper and sear for about 3 minutes on each
- See a golden crust forming on the bottom? Flip to the other side and continue searing for another 2
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add in chopped
- Finally, pour in a little white wine and let it simmer for a few minutes and add a tablespoon of lemon juice for that wonderful zest!
Get our Hokkaido Scallops here in different sizes at: https://thefrenchgrocer.com/product/japan-hokkaido-scallop-roe-off-26-30-pcs-kg-m-size- frozen